High Efficiency Power Mux IC
- Two-Input and Single-Output Power Multiplexer Switch
- Supply Voltage Range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- 97 mΩ Typ. at 5.5 VIN1 or VIN2
- 105 mΩ Typ. at 4.5 VIN1 or VIN2
- 2 A Continuous Output Current Capability Per Channel
- Ultra-Low Supply Current at Operation
- IQ : 3 μA Typ at 5.5 VIN
- Ultra-Low Stand-by Current
- ISD : 5 nA Typ at 5.5 VIN
- Smart Control Pins
- IEN and ISEL : 3 nA Typ at VEN or VSEL >VIH
- REN and RSEL : 500 kΩ Typ
- No Cross Conduction Between Two Inputs
- Reverse Current Blocking when Disabled
- Smart Devices
- Smart Home Electronics
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
The GLF4028 is an integrated power multiplexer switch with dual independent power switches connected to a single output pin to enable seamless transition between two input sources.
The GLF4028 provides a manual selection mode by the combination of the logic input pins of EN and SEL. The EN input pin is used along with the select (SEL) input pin to select VIN1 only, select VIN2 only, or turn both switches off.
The GLF4028 features an ultra-efficient IQSmartTM technology that offers quiescent current (IQ) and shutdown current (ISD) in the industry. Low RON reduces conduction losses while low IQ and ISD solutions help designers to reduce parasitic leakage current, improve system efficiency, and increase battery lifetime.
The GLF4028 blocks any cross-conduction current between two input power sources. When the switch is disabled, the GLF4028 prevents the reverse current to the input source from the output at any higher VOUT than VIN condition.