4.5 A Power Mux IC with Bidirectional Operation and Low Power Consumption
- Two-Input and Single-Output Power MultiplexerSwitch
- Automatic and Manual Input SelectionModes
- No Cross Conduction between TwoInput Sources
- Bidirectional Current Flow at ConductionState
- Reverse Current Blocking when Disabled
- Supply Voltage Range: 2.0 V to 5.5V
- RON = 20 mΩ Typ at 5.5 VIN1 or VIN2
- 4.5 A Continuous Output Current CapabilityPerChannel
- Ultra-Low Supply Current at Operation
- IQ: 4 μA Typ at 5.5 VIN
- Ultra-Low Stand-by Current
- ISD: 30 nA Typ at 5.5 VIN
- Smart Control Pins
- IEN and ISEL : 10 nA Typ at VEN or VSEL > VIH
- REN and RSEL : 500 kΩ Typ
- HBM: 6 kV,
- Smart Devices
- Subsystem with Backup Power
- IoT Tracking System
FUNTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
The GLF74138 is a fully integrated power path switch with the automatic and manual selection function.
The EN pin can be used along with the SEL pin to control two integrated main FETs of the GLF74138. By the combination of these two pins, one of input source selection modes is set to provide power to downstream system seamlessly. Each FET of the GLF74138 is conducted bidirectionally when it is turned on and current flows from VOUT to VIN pin and vice versa.
The automatic selection mode chooses a higher input voltage source between two inputs. In the manual selection mode, one of input sources is connected to downstream system.